[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8740: Update comment_status column where post_type=page (column is NOT updated properly)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 28 15:19:19 GMT 2008

#8740: Update comment_status column where post_type=page (column is NOT updated
properly)
 Reporter:  LadyAnna      |       Owner:
Component:  Comments      |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  minor         |    Keywords:  comments "auto-close comments" page
 I checked inside the database to make sure it was not a theme related bug.
 I then noticed that the status was unchanged.
 comment_status remains as open in database (wp_posts table) even after the
 set time limit is passed.

 '''Example: If I set wordpress to auto close comments after 5 days, on the
 6th day database still shows comment_status as open.'''

 Since the status is not changed the checks within a theme to show or hide
 comment form fails, and the form is always shown.

 It works as intended for a normal post, it is only with pages the bug
 occur.

 You can not comment on a page that is older then the limit though, you get
 an error saying "Sorry, comments are closed for this item." I'm guessing
 that is through a check on submit.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8740>