[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8499: Date and Time logic on the dashboard should be associated with user's date/time settings

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 5 18:02:10 GMT 2008

#8499: Date and Time logic on the dashboard should be associated with user's
date/time settings
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  vanillalounge             |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement               |       Status:  new
Changes (by lloydbudd):

  * owner:  nbachiyski => anonymous
  * priority:  normal => low
  * component:  i18n => Administration
  * severity:  normal => minor
  * milestone:  2.7 => 2.8

Comment:

 vanillalounge, thanks for the bug report!

 Generally, you should leave the milestone to the default value. In this
 case, 2.7's ship has sailed for enhancements some time ago.

 Moving back to Administration from i18n, because the issue is the same in
 the non-i18n case.

 Many moons ago, I made a near identical patch, but Matt let me know that
 the setting is for the presentation of the blog, not for the dashboard.

 If you search on "Date Format" you will find other related bugs with
 similar resolutions:
  * #2601
  * #3183
  * #8065

 As you can see, your argument would have to be quite compelling presenting
 new data or a change in the reality of the experience ;-)

 Possibly, the solution is to better communicate what that setting does.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8499#comment:3>