[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8499: Date and Time logic on the dashboard should be associated with user's date/time settings

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 5 17:35:14 GMT 2008

#8499: Date and Time logic on the dashboard should be associated with user's
date/time settings
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  vanillalounge  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
Component:  General        |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal         |    Keywords:  date format, time format
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 I've noticed that on some areas of the dashboard, the dates shown are
 formatted according to the translation file (<locale>.mo, if it exists).
 This is true (at least) on the Pages' and Posts' lists.

 My suggestion is that it would make more sense to read the format from
 Settings > General > Date Format since right now it can get a bit
 confusing for a user having defined a format of, say "Y-m-d" but seing a
 format of "Y\d\m" because the .mo says so. This is particularly
 pertinent to MU where different users can choose different date and time
 formats,  but  applies to wp.org, mu.org and wp.com.

 This certainly has implications on the .pot but I'm not too sure yet on
 how to patch that.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8499>