[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6444: Changeset 7561 (post rc3) leaves an open <p> at the end of the inserted gallery html

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Apr 24 21:50:05 GMT 2008

#6444: Changeset 7561 (post rc3) leaves an open <p> at the end of the inserted
gallery html
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnconners              |        Owner:  andy
     Type:  defect                   |       Status:  closed
Comment (by tellyworth):

 I've been thinking about possible solutions, and there are some, but
 they're not trivial and require careful testing.  (I've planned all along
 to expand the API later with a method of passing a stack down through
 do_shortcode() calls, but there are aspects of that I still haven't
 figured out yet).

 On balance, I think that we should (trivially) break backwards
 compatibility now, back out the $after_formatting stuff, and go with the
 priority 11 solution (i.e. all shortcodes are parsed after formatting).
 There's nothing in the API docs that suggests the shortcode output will be
 formatted, and for developers who need it there's a simple solution --
 call wpautop() yourself, as markjaquith suggested above.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6444#comment:26>