[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6592: IDs must begin with a letter in HTML/XHTML, but _wp_unfiltered_html_comment does not.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 5 16:11:08 GMT 2008

#6592: IDs must begin with a letter in HTML/XHTML, but _wp_unfiltered_html_comment
does not.
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  guillep2k  |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect     |       Status:  new
Changes (by guillep2k):

 * cc: guillep2k (added)

Comment:

 There are other fields beginning with underscore (_) throught wordpress. I
 could find _wpnonce, _wp_http_referer and _wp_original_http_referer. They
 should all be renamed to something like x_wp_. I guess this change is not
 trivial, for it could potentially break compatibility with any plugins
 relying on those POST/query variables (is there any?).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6592#comment:1>