[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6484: custom permalinks setting (rewrite.php) causes have_posts function not to work outside of 'the loop'

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 5 10:53:06 GMT 2008

#6484: custom permalinks setting (rewrite.php) causes have_posts function not to
work outside of 'the loop'
 Reporter:  jsherk   |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by hakre):

 Replying to [comment:13 jsherk]:
 > Sorry that I can't give more details as to what is causing the problem,
 but I think I've at least narrowed it down.
 I think this only points something out on the "level of view" not on the
 level of what is actual happening.

 I strongly discourage moving old codebase into the current one (that is
 copy over the 2.3.3 file into 2.5).

 What needs to be done is a proper analysis here first. If you have
 problems using version 2.5 stay with 2.3.3 then until these problems are
 properly fixed. This is at least what I can suggest that sound really
 solving to me.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6484#comment:14>