[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5088: Visual Editor Disabled, Editing a Page With HTML Encoded Entities &lt; span&gt; changes them into <> changing the content

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Sep 27 08:37:42 GMT 2007

#5088: Visual Editor Disabled, Editing a Page With HTML Encoded Entities
&lt;span&gt; changes them into <> changing the content
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  foolswisdom      |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect           |       Status:  new
Comment (by cosmix):

 This seems to be a core bug. It is always reproducible without any active
 plugins on 2.3. I managed to get this working by adding the
 '''format_to_edit()''' and '''apply_filters()''' lines taken from the same
 function on 2.2.3 to the '''get_post_to_edit()''' found in '''wp-
 admin/includes/post.php''' at line '''162''' on WP2.3. Since I am not
 familiar with the design of WP and the changes that took place between
 2.2.3 and 2.3 this might be a very wrong way of fixing this; this is why I
 am not attaching a patch here. In any case, I hope it helps someone to
 find a better solution.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5088#comment:10>