[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #5074: Feed URL Generator misses Slash - php wp_list_categories(’sortby=name&feed=RSS’)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Sep 25 14:29:26 GMT 2007

#5074: Feed URL Generator misses Slash - php
wp_list_categories(’sortby=name&feed=RSS’)
 Reporter:  imagiscapeca  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
Component:  General       |     Version:  2.2.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  slash trailing feeds categories
 The code:

 {{{
 <?php wp_list_categories(’sortby=name&feed=RSS’); ?>
 }}}

 produces:

 www.example.com/category/caregiverfeed.
 but we need
 www.example.com/category/caregiver/feed.

 categoryfeed is not a feed,
 category/feed is a feed.

 2 POSSIBLE BUGS:

 #1:
 On the Options->General page, I tried setting the blog and site urls to
 have the ending slash in them (Otto suggested this would affect the urls
 of categories too), but upon saving changes (”Update Options”), WordPress
 automatically cut the trailing slash. I tried / and then also \.

 #2:
 How do we get the php code to produce the missing forward-slash?

 In various combinations, I tried adding %2F, the [__] for a slash, but I
 don’t know PHP thoroughly, and none worked:

 …name&”%2F”&feed…
 …name&%2F&feed…
 …name&/&feed…
 …name’&’/'&feed…

 (My blog, if you want to see it, is imagiscape.ca/blog.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5074>