[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #5316: Extend options.php to allow deletion, Viewing of Serialized, And grouping options

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Nov 4 02:47:32 GMT 2007

#5316: Extend options.php to allow deletion, Viewing of Serialized, And grouping
options
 Reporter:  DD32            |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.4
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  has-patch options
 I floated this idea back in September on wp-hackers:
 http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-
 hackers/2007-September/thread.html#14425 ([wp-hackers] adding
 delete/autoload to options.php)

 Basically this patch allows options to be deleted from the options.php
 page(By checking its checkbox - a JS confirmation is done before form
 submitting to make sure the user intends to delete them), Viewing of
 Serialized data, And also groups the options by name.

 Grouping is achieved by taking the first word in the term, Ie. "test" in
 "test_plugin_data", If there are more than 2 terms with such a groupname,
 then they're promoted into their own section, This makes it easier to
 mass-select a particular 'groups' options to delete.

 An invert selection option is also available for each group, So if a user
 wants to delete all the RSS cache items, They can either select all the
 cache items to remove, or, Select the items they wish to keep(in the rss
 section) and click Invert.

 I've attached a plugin which is identical to the patch for those not
 wanting to apply the patch.

 The linked wp-hackers thread mentioned also having an option to set
 autoload, I have not yet done that (As it'll require modifying/creating
 other functions) yet, But would like to include it, Just not sure how in
 the UI it could be managed without looking too crowded.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5316>