[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4284: Movable Type Importer limited by browser-based upload

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu May 17 21:07:35 GMT 2007

#4284: Movable Type Importer limited by browser-based upload
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  markjaquith                                                          |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement                                                          |       Status:  new
Old description:

> The Movable Type importer requires you to upload a file via a browser-
> upload form.  This is limited to 2Mb.  Many MT export files are larger
> than this (I have one that is more than 50Mb).  It would be nice if there
> were also an option to upload a file with a pre-determined name (mt-
> export.txt) to {{{/wp-content/}}} and have that be used.  I think that's
> how it used to work.

New description:

 The Movable Type importer requires you to upload a file via a browser-
 upload form.  This is limited to 2Mb on many PHP installs.  Many MT export

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4284#comment:2>