[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #2638: Title output in wp_list_pages() may render $title_li with backslashes (no use of stripslashes())

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Mar 10 15:37:36 GMT 2007

#2638: Title output in wp_list_pages() may render $title_li with backslashes  (no
use of stripslashes())
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  lordjiem                    |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                      |       Status:  closed
Changes (by jhodgdon):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => invalid

Comment:

 As it stands, the wp_list_pages function fragment above is simply printing
 out its input argument called "title_li" directly. I don't think
 wp_list_pages needs to be required to strip slashes out of its input
 arguments, and since other plugins might provide input that shouldn't be
 stripped of slashes, it could be dangerous to do so.

 So it seems to me that the problem is that the Page List Widget is
 providing badly-formed input to the function, not that the function needs
 to strip slashes. Since you can put the argument list in single quotes,
 there is no reason that the widget can't include un-escaped double quotes.
 The bug is in the Widget, and should be taken up with the Widget authors.

 I'll close this...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2638#comment:1>