[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3895: Reloading the post editing screen in Firefox turns a post from Published to Private

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Mar 1 22:32:57 GMT 2007

#3895: Reloading the post editing screen in Firefox turns a post from Published to
Private
 Reporter:  johnbillion     |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.1
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 Steps to reproduce:

  1. Crack open that blog in your Firefox browser and click on 'edit' on a
 published post, either from the blog itself or from `Manage -> Posts`.
  2. Once the editing page has loaded, click on reload in your browser
 window.
  3. Notice that the post's status changes from Published to Private (this
 can be seen under the 'Post Status' panel on the right hand side).

 If you then save the post it will be saved as private, as you'd expect.
 Pages are not affected, only posts.

 This only appears to affect Firefox and only tested on WinXP. It doesn't
 happen in IE6, IE7, Mozilla 1.7 or Opera 9 (all tested on WinXP).

 I've been told by a few on `#wordpress` that wordpress.com is also
 affected.

 This of course suggests it might be a Firefox bug, but I'm not sure how
 one would go about determining that.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3895>