[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4517: Bundle Sandbox theme, and also set 'sandbox' as the default template for themes without a stylesheet

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jun 23 02:43:44 GMT 2007

#4517: Bundle Sandbox theme, and also set 'sandbox' as the default template for
themes without a stylesheet
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  JeremyVisser              |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement               |       Status:  new
Comment (by DD32):

 Just a thought:
 Maybe it would be possible to enumerate all the *.css files from a themes
 folder, parse them, And then display a list of "Other Styles" alongside
 the theme?
 ie. themes/classic/ has style.css (default) and my-style.css
 my-style.css would contain "Theme Name: MY Classic theme", And that'd be
 offered as a alternate style?

 Doing it that way would mean that other styles would have to be coded
 correctly so as to avoid clashing with eachothers images, But it would
 allow a single folder for a "Theme".

 the other option would be to have a subfolder "Styles" and do it that way
 with all the themes in the subfolder.

 This could be built directly into the theme if some hooks were present for
 the theme display page.. Perhaps it wouldnt even need hooks and could just
 be displayed on the Themes Option page.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4517#comment:2>