[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4469: Accept 'open' and 'closed' as valid values for mt_allow_comments and mt_allow_pings in XML-RPC

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 19 16:21:36 GMT 2007

#4469: Accept 'open' and 'closed' as valid values for mt_allow_comments and
mt_allow_pings in XML-RPC
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  josephscott  |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect       |       Status:  new
Comment (by redsweater):

 Thanks, Joseph. Nice work on these changes. I was reviewing them as I
 noticed some behavior in 2.2 that is changed significantly from previous
 releases. I reported these separately in
 http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4489 because I hope they can be fixed
 earlier than 2.3.

 As for these changes, I have some additional comments which might be
 motivated by my poor understanding of PHP, but:

 It appears to me that in this patch, if the client sends an unrecognized
 string value in the status field, it will get blindly copied into the
 comment_status or ping_status variable. For instance, what happens if my
 client sends "bogus" as the comment status? The desired behavior is
 probably again that the default status be used.

 I suggest being as explicit in the non-numeric case as you are in the
 numeric case. If it's non-numeric it has to be either "open" or "closed",
 and if numeric, it has to be either 0 or 1. In all other cases the values
 should be the default status.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4469#comment:3>