[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4405: fieldset in wp-admin.css set all input to width 100% this also happens for radio and checkbox

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 5 15:36:03 GMT 2007

#4405: fieldset in wp-admin.css set all input to width 100% this also happens for
radio and checkbox
 Reporter:  Cimmo           |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |       Status:  new
Comment (by Otto42):

 Replying to [comment:2 Cimmo]:
 > I have just overrided with auto, but have some side effects:
 >
 > 1) as said in IE 6.0 this doesn't work at all, because [type="radio"] is
 not recognized

 Why would you need to use [type="radio"]? I meant why not override it in
 the actual tag itself, not in the CSS file.

 {{{
 function prof_stuff()
 {
 echo '<input type="radio" name="whatever" style="width:auto;" />
 Whatever';
 }
 add_action('edit_user_profile','prof_stuff');
 }}}

 > 2) some browsers with auto set correctly width, but they still draw a
 small rectangle around the radio or checkbox, this is the case in Opera
 and IE 7.0, see new sceenshot

 style="border:0" , perhaps? I don't have all the answers, I'm just not
 understanding why you can't apply your necessary styles without modifying
 the CSS file? Okay, it's not the *best* way to go, but local styles always
 override CSS applied styles.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4405#comment:4>