[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4137: Pingback Denial of Service possibility

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jul 3 14:31:40 GMT 2007

#4137: Pingback Denial of Service possibility
-------------------------------------------------------------------------+--
 Reporter:  foobarwp12                                                   |        Owner:  pishmishy
     Type:  defect                                                       |       Status:  assigned
Changes (by pishmishy):

  * keywords:  xmlrpc ddos possibility has-patch 2nd-opinion => xmlrpc ddos
               possibility has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-
               testing

Comment:

 This second attachment contains a potential fix for the issue when using
 curl to fetch the pages. It feels ugly to me but I hope that it should do
 the trick. I've only tested the function outside of WordPress and it does
 appear to be able to limit the number of bytes fetched with curl but how
 well it plays with WordPress I wouldn't like to guess.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4137#comment:6>