[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3729: MySQL Structur: varchar(50) for cat_name in table wp_categories is too short

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jan 31 14:33:55 GMT 2007

#3729: MySQL Structur: varchar(50) for cat_name in table wp_categories is too
short
 Reporter:  ice_            |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.1
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  mysql,categories
 Please change this to varchar(200), like wp_categories.category_nicename.
 I need more than 50 chars for my category name, cause i use the polyglot
 plugin and categories are used like this:
 [lang_de]Neue Kategorie[ /lang_de][lang_en]New Category [ /lang_en]

 That is the name of my category and because of this, why not change to
 varchar(200), like category_nicename? I changed it manually, but mb some
 other users dont know how to do this...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3729>