[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3628: Make wp_nonce_field, wp_referrer_field and wp_original_referer_field be able to return output

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 21 15:25:28 GMT 2007

#3628: Make wp_nonce_field, wp_referrer_field and wp_original_referer_field be
able to return output
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  BjornW       |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
Changes (by Viper007Bond):

  * severity:  normal => minor
  * component:  Optimization => General
  * summary:  Proposal: wp_nonce_field, wp_referrer_field and
              wp_original_referer_field should return value
              => Make wp_nonce_field, wp_referrer_field and
              wp_original_referer_field be able to return
              output
  * version:  => 2.0.7
  * milestone:  2.1 => 2.2
  * keywords:  proposal, wp_nonce_field, wp_referrer_field,
               wp_original_referer_field =>

Comment:

 Patch needs some cleaning up to better match our coding standards as well
 as making use of some of our custom functions (I believe we have a echo
 vs. return function), but as to the actual idea itself, I like it. Very
 useful for those times when you are generating output or whatnot and don't
 want to echo at that moment.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3628#comment:2>