[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3570: Problems importing data from my wordpress.com blog into my local server runing wordpress

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 12 16:05:30 GMT 2007

#3570: Problems importing data from my wordpress.com blog into my local server
runing wordpress
 Reporter:  pdenapo         |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.0.6
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 I've tried to import the rss file with my posts in
 http://byteslibres.wordpress.com, into a local server running
 wordpress-2.0.6
 on a Gentoo-linux x86 host.
 [ I don't know which version of wordpress program is the site
 wordpress.com running)

 The problem is that the posts get truncated at the accents (wich are
 encoded in the iso-8859-1 encoding). Aparently, this confuses the parser
 during the import process.

 The encoding used in the rss is not especified in the xml file...
 shouldn't be a tag specifying that?

 In the enclosed files, you will find two screen snapshots, one from my
 wordpres.com site, the other from my local server so that you can see the
 problem

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3570>