[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3557: Wordpress stripping TR formatting from tables and deleting the formatted content

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jan 10 19:52:48 GMT 2007

#3557: Wordpress stripping TR formatting from tables and deleting the formatted
content
 Reporter:  johnol          |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  critical        |    Keywords:  WordpressMU 1.0 table stripping content missing during save
 I believe this is related to ticket #2992 but specific to WordPress Mu.
 There is a problem in the WordPress MU engine as it saves a post where it
 strips out not only the table formatting but also the items that were
 formatted.

 I CAN build and save tables - just can't implement features such as
 background color for cells, etc.

 This seems to be with the engine itself rather than with TinyMCE because
 the same behavior is observed with Xinha4WP as well as with the Rich Text
 Editor completely disabled and simply working directly with the HTML.

 As table formatting seems to work OK in WordPress using no Rich Text
 Editor, using the Rich Text Editor, and using Xinha4WP, I'm assuming that
 there's some extra "magic" that WordPressMU is doing during a save which
 is removing this extra formatting.

 Being able to offer tables is critical - and having WordPress *delete*
 entire blocks of text during the saving is not good.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3557>