[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4596: use_desc_for_title doesnt work in wp_list_categories()

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Dec 29 06:21:31 GMT 2007

#4596: use_desc_for_title doesnt work in wp_list_categories()
-------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
 Reporter:  tiosolid                                               |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                                                 |       Status:  new
Comment (by darkdragon):

 Wait! {{{use_desc_for_title}}} is set to {{{'1'}}} by default. However, it
 is a string, it will still be type casted to {{{1}}}, which doesn't equal
 0, so the first evaluates to false and unless the description contains
 something, it will display the first block with "View all posts..."

 I'm unsure if the goal is to allow for setting the value to {{{true}}}. In
 which case, I would have to agree that it should allow you to set the
 argument to true.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4596#comment:6>