[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5429: Wordpress Plugin Framework: Simplication and Standardization for Plugin Development

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 7 16:10:54 GMT 2007

#5429: Wordpress Plugin Framework: Simplication and Standardization for Plugin
Development
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  husterk                     |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement                 |       Status:  new
Comment (by santosj):

 What I'm saying is that you can still do that by using your class as the
 main API, people would still have to conform to your system, because you
 would have interface classes (as oppose to just interfaces, if you know
 what I mean), which the plugin author would extend. It would the methods
 prototype and return defaults.

 Then every plugin would just need to instantiate your object and use the
 API to add their options and whatever else is needed to build the pages.
 The plugin author won't have conflicts, because the object will be their
 own.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5429#comment:4>