[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #4819: wp_redirect() Input Validation Bypass Vulnerability / Filter Bypass Vulnerability

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Aug 26 13:08:23 GMT 2007

#4819: wp_redirect() Input Validation Bypass Vulnerability / Filter Bypass
Vulnerability
 Reporter:  hakre    |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  General  |     Version:  2.2.2
 Severity:  normal   |    Keywords:
 While doing the analysis for #4606 it came to my attention that the input
 sanitization in wp_redirect() on header values containing %0a and %0d has
 a flaw. This is fixed by the attached patch. A proof of concept how to
 bypass %0a and %0d is trivial if you take a look into the changes so I did
 not publish it. Patch is as always against SVN but this applies to 2.2.2
 as well. I have not checked this with older version, they might be
 affected as well.

 = Problem =
 The way ''wp_redirect()'' removes `%0d` and `%0a` from ''$location'' does
 not work properly.

 = Solution =
 It has to be checked for all char-sequences iterativly instead of only
 one-time per entity.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4819>