[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #4196: "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" prompt when not using the RTE

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 25 13:37:19 GMT 2007

#4196: "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" prompt when not
using the RTE
 Reporter:  johnbillion     |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.1.3
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  quicktags onbeforeunload
 When using the RTE, if you make changes to your post and then attempt to
 navigate away from the page without saving the changes, a nice prompt
 appears asking for confirmation that you want to navigate away.

 The attached patch applies this same confirmation system to the non-RTE
 editor.

 I've added it to `wp-includes/js/quicktags.js` as I though that was the
 most logical file to put it in, seeing as it's only for non-RTE editing.
 If anyone can think of a better place then please holla.

 Tested in Fx2 and IE7.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4196>