[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3895: Reloading the post editing screen in Firefox turns a post from Published to Private

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Apr 17 19:42:08 GMT 2007

#3895: Reloading the post editing screen in Firefox turns a post from Published to
Private
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion       |        Owner:  mdawaffe
     Type:  defect            |       Status:  assigned
Changes (by mdawaffe):

  * keywords:  => has-patch commit
  * owner:  anonymous => mdawaffe
  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 DBX was a red herring.

 I can repro this with DBX 2.05, 2.02, 2.01 and with DBX turned off.

 The problem is with AJAXcat.  Somehow, adding the text field and button
 input elements via JS freaks FF out on reload.  Adding the checkbox
 elements on the fly via AJAX does not, however.

 I think it's a FF bug.

 The fix:  since the behavior is dependent on how many input elements are
 added via JS, we add enough input elements to eliminate the symptoms.
 Patch attached.

 Patch also fixes an ''unrelated'' JS typo.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3895#comment:26>