[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #1941: Default theme CSS causing footer 'pixel shift' in standards-compliant browsers

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Mar 4 01:20:36 GMT 2006

#1941: Default theme CSS causing footer 'pixel shift' in standards-compliant
browsers
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
       Id:  1941       |      Status:  new
Component:  Template   |    Modified:  Sat Mar  4 01:20:36 2006
 Severity:  normal     |   Milestone:  2.1
    Owner:  anonymous  |    Reporter:  Mr_Cynical
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by markjaquith):

 I can confirm this problem, as well as confirm the fix.

 One minor note... instead of:

 {{{
 padding: 0 0 0 0;
 }}}

 It should be:

 {{{
 padding: 0;
 }}}

 I also note that it only occurs on even-numbered widths.  i.e. it happens
 on 800px browser width, but not 801px.

 We need people to try this in other browsers.

 Testing procedure:

 1. Apply the patch

 2. Load WP front page with default theme

 3. SLOWLY change the width on your browser, we're talking about 2px a
 second changes.

 4. See if the footer gets shifted and if you can stop resizing and
 "freeze" it in a misaligned state

 Please state your operating system and browser.  I'll get the ball
 rolling:

 Confirmed fixed in:

 OS X/Firefox 1.5.0.1
 OS X/Safari 2.0.3