[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #2830: Change the way t he domain is being retrieved for sending e-mails from wordpress@..

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 16 11:33:16 GMT 2006

#2830: Change the way t he domain is being retrieved for sending e-mails from
wordpress at ..
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
       Id:  2830       |      Status:  new
Component:  General    |    Modified:  Fri Jun 16 11:33:16 2006
 Severity:  normal     |   Milestone:  2.1
    Owner:  anonymous  |    Reporter:  Woudloper
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 On moment I have implemented Wordpress at [http://www.pcextreme.nl my
 hosting provider] in the Netherlands.

 Last week they had send me an e-mail about new spam preventions they have
 taken as you can
 [http://handleiding.pcextreme.nl/wiki/index.php/Spam_maatregelen read
 hear] (in Dutch).

 '''What does this mean?'''
 This means that the e-mail from should be from an existing domain, but my
 weblog is placed in a subdomain as followed:

 {{{
 http://weblog.domain.nl
 }}}

 The e-mail that is being generated from the pluggable function wp_mail is
 as followed:

 {{{
 wordpress at weblog.domain.nl
 }}}

 '''The problem:'''
 The problem is, is that this isn't an existing mailaddress and thus the
 notifications of new comments, registrations, etc. aren't received to the
 to email address.

 '''Suggestion/Solution:'''
 Couldn't it be made possible that the e-mail from for the wp_mail function
 can be made customizable e.g. via the options within the dashboard. This
 way I can put in an existing e-mail address.

 '''Extra:'''
 See [http://forum.pcextreme.nl/index.php?showtopic=8541&st=120# this
 reply] on the forum of the hosting provider where they made a suggestion
 for the problem.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2830>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>