[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3043: both WYSIWYG and plain editor are stripping tags.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Aug 18 11:05:02 GMT 2006

#3043: both WYSIWYG and plain editor are stripping tags.
------------------------------------------------------------------+---------
 Reporter:  morpheu5                                              |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                                                |       Status:  new
Comment (by morpheu5):

 I'm the user admin with its full access rights.

 I've set up a test-kit for my host and I've noticed that sending the
 textarea content via method="post" results in the content being stripped
 down of all HTML tags. Talking to my host about this isseu, he said that
 he already had this problem with some software of his own which is using
 TinyMCE and he's been able to fix this behaviour. I actually don't know
 who but me may have configured TinyMCE to convert all ascii chars into the
 corresponding HTML entity when one exists (ie: < into &lt;, & into &amp;
 and so on...)

 Maybe your installation of the hardening patch is configured to behave in
 some other way, my host said this is configurable by the user.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3043>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>