[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3036: theme-editor.php broken: stripslashes() and add_magic_quotes() screw up CR LFs

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 16 01:39:11 GMT 2006

#3036: theme-editor.php broken: stripslashes() and add_magic_quotes() screw up CR
LFs
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  astounding        |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect            |       Status:  new
Comment (by astounding):

 My gut instinct was that CR LF should NOT be affected either, but actual
 real-world experience demonstrates that the call in wp-settings.php to
 add_magic_quotes() is guilty of converting CRs to "\r" and LFs to "\n".  I
 was surprised.

 I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE, Apache 2.0.59 with mod_php version 5.1.4
 (all from the FreeBSD ports collection).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3036>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>