[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7686: hide plugins in translate.wordpress.org if they load their own translations.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 28 10:05:18 UTC 2024

#7686: hide plugins in translate.wordpress.org if they load their own
translations.
 Reporter:  sebastienserre            |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |     Status:  new
Component:  Translate Site & Plugins  |   Keywords:  needs-patch 2nd-
                                      |  opinion
 Hello,

 In the plugin repository, some plugins are loading their own `.po` and
 `.mo` file.
 Because these plugins are listed in translate.wordpress.org, volunteers
 spend time to translate, and their work are never used...
 It would be better they spend time to contribute on plugins which are
 using the translate.wp.org translations.

 I think we should think on a way to hide these plugins from
 translate.wordpress.org.

 Example of plugin bypassing "our" translations:
 https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/wpboutik/trunk/wpboutik.php#L108
 https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/secupress/trunk/secupress.php#L447