[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7678: Photos: Add the ability for folks to share how they used a photo and to have that sent to the photo contributor

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 17 17:07:02 UTC 2024

#7678: Photos: Add the ability for folks to share how they used a photo and to
have that sent to the photo contributor
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  annezazu         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Photo Directory  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+--------------------
 I submit photos to Pexels and, from time to time, get emails from them
 about how a photo I submitted was used. The feedback is shared from the
 person who downloaded it so I imagine there are a few steps here:

 1. Offer the option to share how you plan to use the photo you downloaded
 when downloading a photo from the directory.
 2. Have moderators review these messages and decide whether to send it to
 the photo contributor.
 3. Send the email to the contributor with the message about how the photo
 was used.

 Personally, I found this to be a really lovely feedback loop to share more
 with Pexels (although now I'm biased towards the WP Photo Directory) :)