[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7664: Plugin Submission: Allow multiple plugin submissions for authors with plugins that have a total of +1M active installs

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 4 01:23:11 UTC 2024

#7664: Plugin Submission: Allow multiple plugin submissions for authors with
plugins that have a total of +1M active installs
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  foosantos         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement       |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugin Directory  |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------
 After discussing with the Plugin Review team and understanding that
 companies with +1M active plugin installations might have more specific
 needs, a good experiment would be to allow all plugin owners with +1M
 active installs to submit more than one plugin for review.

 For now, it would only apply to plugin owners (not committers or
 contributors), as this would be intended to unblock large companies from
 submitting plugins. If these committers/contributors are part of the
 company, they would still be able to submit using the company account.

 PS: This would work as an experiment. If the team realizes it is not
 working well or we identify abuse, we will change the strategy around that
 again.