[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7731: Unable to upload photo to the WordPress photo directory due to HTTP ERROR 500

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 29 10:37:36 UTC 2024

#7731: Unable to upload photo to the WordPress photo directory due to HTTP ERROR
500
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  priyanksukhadiya  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Photo Directory   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------
 I encountered an issue while trying to upload a photo to the WordPress
 photo directory. After selecting the photo and clicking the submit button,
 the page attempts to load but then shows the following URL:
 https://wordpress.org/photos/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. The page then
 displays the error message: "This page isn’t working. wordpress.org is
 currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500."

 Steps to reproduce the issue:

 1) Log in to my WordPress.org account.
 2) Navigate to the WordPress photo directory.
 3) Click on the photo upload button.
 4) Select a photo to upload.
 5) Click the submit button.

 Observe the error message.
 I have tried clearing my browser cache and using different browsers, but
 the issue persists.