[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6431: Restrict Also Viewing to moderators (or add an option to say who can see me)

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 4 08:45:09 UTC 2023

#6431: Restrict Also Viewing to moderators (or add an option to say who can see
me)
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  sterndata        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by mrfoxtalbot):

 This came up during this week's bug scrub. @clorith explained that there
 used to be an option to make oneself "anonymous" before the system was
 moved to dotorg.

 Let's add a second checkbox next to the "Also viewing" one to allow
 "anonymous mode". Once it is active, other users will see "''Someone is
 viewing this ticket''", but not the specific person.

 We also agreed that it is fair to make this option available to **all
 users**, not just moderators.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6431#comment:2>