[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6670: Developer references for `activate_plugin` and `activate_{$plugin}` are missing

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 12 03:47:03 UTC 2023

#6670: Developer references for `activate_plugin` and `activate_{$plugin}` are
missing
---------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 > I suspect there may be an issue with these two hooks having the same
 resulting slug, but that's just a hunch.

 I suspect your suspicion is correct, as hooks are present in multiple
 places and there's no validation on the `post_title` being the same.
 I'm not personally sure how this case should be handled, I guess
 `activate_plugin-2` is the WordPress way..

 This also affects `deactivate_plugin` and `deactivate_{$plugin}`

 Code in question:
 https://github.com/WordPress/phpdoc-
 parser/blob/7ae98fca7bc280f16c427905dc038160f02f6c0e/lib/class-
 importer.php#L588-L626

 Would it be possible for you to file this in the above repo?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6670#comment:1>