[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6656: Some unwanted HTML tags are showing on the support forum while creating a topic or replying to a topic

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 3 18:36:30 UTC 2023

#6656: Some unwanted HTML tags are showing on the support forum while creating a
topic or replying to a topic
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  tarekazizjitu   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Support Forums  |   Keywords:  needs-testing has-testing-info
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 There has been an issue with the support forum that I have noticed for a
 couple of days, so I thought I should report it here.

 **About the issue:**

 So, what happens is that when I try to create a new topic on the support
 forum or write a reply to a topic, some unwanted tags come along with the
 texts. e.g. {{{<gwmw style="display: none"></gwmw>}}}

 The issue appears to be happening almost always when I write the message
 elsewhere (e.g. notepad or any other editor) and copy-paste it into the
 forum. That's not all; previously I haven't had any issues with using
 various emojis, but now it seems to be generating an extra tag such as
 {{{</img>}}} that gets displayed after the emojis.

 For your convenience, I have made the following screencast that shows how
 to reproduce the issue:

 ''**https://www.loom.com/share/55e858d5f426482bbcb6a652774eb630**''

 ''**Note:** It's worth mentioning that I began experiencing the above
 issue in the updated support forum which is powered by blocks.''

 It would be greatly appreciated if the issue gets resolved. This way,
 users don't have to go through the hassle of editing or modifying the
 message multiple times anymore in order to get rid of those unnecessary
 tags.

 I will eagerly look forward to your valuable response in this regard 🙂

 Sincerely,
 Tarek Aziz