[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7172: [Plugin Submissions Form] Add a "I have tested my plugin using the Plugin Check plugin" checkbox

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 2 14:38:09 UTC 2023

#7172: [Plugin Submissions Form] Add a "I have tested my plugin using the Plugin
Check plugin" checkbox
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  mrfoxtalbot       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement       |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugin Directory  |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------
 Once the [https://github.com/WordPress/plugin-check/ Plugin Check plugin
 (PCP)] is released, we should add a checkbox to the plugin submission form
 requiring plugin authors to confirm that they have self-checked their own
 plugins using the PCP.

 The content of the check box could be something like this:

 > □ I have checked my plugin using the [https://wordpress.org/plugins
 /plugin-check-plugin/ Plugin Check plugin] and fixed all issues and
 errors. (If you have done this and think you are seeing a false positive,
 please contact us at plugins at wordpress.org before submitting your plugin.)

 If their plugin has not passed the check but they think this is a false
 positive, I think it makes sense to provide an alternative route but I am
 worried it might get abused. What do you think?

 Down the road, I would like to have a system to check plugins
 automatically as part of the submissions process but, for now, this is a
 good first step.