[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6554: Record in user notes when and who flagged or unf-flaged a support forum account

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 30 12:05:50 UTC 2022

#6554: Record in user notes when and who flagged or unf-flaged a support forum
account
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  jdembowski      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Support Forums  |   Keywords:
----------------------------+--------------------
 This change is for what moderators see in the forums. Regular forum
 account users do not see this; nor should that change. This is a change to
 help moderators see a timeline for what happened to a user's forum
 account.

 When a user in the support forums is flagged by a moderator, a moderator
 will see that user's post/reply or review in the pending queue with
 message like so.

 > This user has been flagged by moderatorid on September 8, 2022 at 12:52
 pm.

 If the account is un-flagged

 Unless the moderator makes a note such as

 > No reoccurrences and many good replies since that time, unflagging.

 What I proposing is that the forum user's notes are updated automatically
 to record when a user is flagged and unflagged.

 I am proposing this because other moderators see that someone flagged an
 account by another moderator but there is no context or history for them
 to read.

 I am asking for this to add some more transparency to who and when an
 account was flagged. This change is similar to when an account is disabled
 or enabled in the forums, the notes get updated with which moderator
 performed that action and when.