[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 26 14:48:08 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by joyously):

 > I think that we need some priority for block themes in the themes
 repository.

 If block themes are the future and are better and easier, they **don't**
 need any extra promotion.
 Since the WP software handles both, it is very disrespectful to the
 authors that followed all the rules to build up their placement in the
 repository, for WP to suddenly give the new type an advantage. (The site
 editor still has a "beta" label.)
 All themes should be treated equally.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:1>