[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 26 08:49:43 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Theme Directory  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+--------------------
 As we are assuming block themes are the future. Our default theme is a
 block theme. This means we're more dedicated to Block themes.

 I think that we need some priority for block themes in the themes
 repository.

 Here are my suggestions(We can choose one of them):
 * Add a new tab in the theme's repo. ( Popular, Latest, Block)
 * Change the popular themes algorithm and add 1 block theme in 1 out of 10
 popular themes.

 Or, there might be some other way to encourage block theme authors to
 contribute more.

 We don't need this always, but we can try this for at least 1 year and we
 can see how it will go.

 Block themes need some attention and encouragement. Only very few FSE
 themes are maintained properly.