[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4747: Feature Request: Expose/promote subchannels using /here by reposting to #core

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 25 00:39:41 UTC 2022

#4747: Feature Request: Expose/promote subchannels using /here by reposting to
#core
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dd32):

 In [changeset:"11875" 11875]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="11875"
 Slack: Announce: Don' try to broadcast messages in private channels to the
 parent channel.

 Some teams have private channels, which are in the format of `#team-
 privatechannel`, if there's any whitelisted users for the #team channel
 this would accidentally broadcast the private message publicly.
 This has not been a problem in the past, as most private channels parent
 channels are also private (such as Security and Infrastructure related
 groups).

 In an ideal world, we'd check to see if the channel status is the same
 (ie. if the parent channel was also private, we'd broadcast to that) but
 we don't have that information available in this handler.

 See #4747.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4747#comment:25>