[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5902: Don't show plugin version in the 'previous releases' if the release was not confirmed

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 23 17:41:42 UTC 2022

#5902: Don't show plugin version in the 'previous releases' if the release was not
confirmed
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  dd32              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by kraftbj):

 > In the event that a tag is created, but is never set as the stable tag,
 the ZIP will also never be created.

 This makes smoke testing new releases more difficult. Personally, I like
 to tag a new version, then `wp install [slug] --version=[tag]` to test out
 the plugin before marking it as stable.

 This isn't possible, so not possible to smoke test what's offered by w.org
 and takes a bit more work to svn co or otherwise get the code from w.org
 to a new site for the sake of a final test.

 I believe this issue may also be impacted WP Packagist (which I realize
 isn't w.org), but I'm thinking they're seeing the tag either via SVN or
 API and assuming something would be built like non-confirmable plugins.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5902#comment:1>