[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6133: Redacted information in user profiles from Support/bbPress does not seem to update BuddyPress

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 3 05:21:13 UTC 2022

#6133: Redacted information in user profiles from Support/bbPress does not seem to
update BuddyPress
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Ipstenu         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 I've added some code to hide it on BuddyPress.org & bbPress.org.

 It's not perfect but it's better than it was.

 I've also hidden `<meta name="description">` values for banned users on
 profiles.w.org.

 I've looked into using `wp_users.spam` for the spam flag, but switching
 that on causes forum moderators being unable to view user details, regular
 'trusted' users being unable to view profiles.w.org values, and a few
 other unexpected things.

 Unfortunately it seems that WordPress/BuddyPress/BBPress all expect only
 super-admins / site-admins to ever view spammed users.
 Doesn't help that we've got three different WordPress Multisite networks
 and two single-sites all sharing the same Users table :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6133#comment:1>