[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 13 21:44:36 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by rfletcher73):

 @melchoyce I agree with that label.  It is clearer what exactly those
 themes will do and is the premier feature / benefit of using Gutenberg.

 @luehrsen @poena I tend to agree with @luehrsen here.

 I think that if the plan is to add a filter special for "Full Site
 Editing", then there should also be a link to filter by "Classic".  I
 think it would be helpful to see just FSE themes but equally as helpful to
 see "Classic" themes without seeing FSE.  I think adding the two filters
 should be up for consideration as well.

 This might go against what you are trying to do (shine a light on Full
 Site Editing themes) to increase there exposure and discoverability. It
 will help perhaps to get them some much additional attention.  I would
 only make this change if those themes are Production ready.

 If they aren't, then I wouldn't shine the light yet.  Thank you.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:66>