[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 12 11:29:47 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by luehrsen):

 I think we need to be clear about what we're talking about when we use the
 term "blocks." For plugins, "blocks" are the appropriate choice because
 that's what they offer. However, when we're talking about Full Site
 Editing (FSE), we should use a different term and name it as such.

 I would suggest introducing the concept of Full Site Editing to the
 discovery of themes. This would make it clear that we're talking about a
 different product with a different target audience in comparison to
 "classic" themes.

 Also: Calling one type of theme "classic" implies that it is old and
 deprecated, which is not the case. I think a more neutral term, such as
 "hybrid," would be more accurate and fitting.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:49>