[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 11 20:47:26 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by annezazu):

 Moving my thoughts over from the prior issue too. I'd love to see this
 implemented as feedback has repeatedly come up in the FSE Outreach Program
 around how hard block themes are to discover. Most recently, this came up
 in a hallway hangout in June: https://make.wordpress.org/test/2022/06/02
 /hallway-hangout-discussion-on-full-site-editing-issues-prs-
 designs-1-june/ See the section under "Naming of bock themes and the theme
 directory".

 Part of why I like this specific approach is that we can add context to
 the page itself, similar to what you can see for Commercial:
 https://wordpress.org/themes/commercial/ This provides a chance to
 introduce the concept of block themes and set some important context for
 those who might use them. To me, this strikes a good balance of "education
 and discoverability" that Rich mentions above. I would be more than happy
 to help with writing the content for that page too if that helps move this
 work forward :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:31>