[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 11 20:35:55 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeffikus):

 I looked into this today and created #6400, moving that conversation here.

 A quick way to improve the visibility of Block Themes could be to add an
 item to the navbar which currently only has Commercial Themes in.

 This would mean a visible Block Themes clickable link, instead of drilling
 down into the feature filter and then searching.

 A few benefits of this approach;
 1. Quick to implement.
 2. It’s front and center on the page.
 3. Will likely get indexed higher than the filter in Google.

 Here is a visual representation of what I had in mind:
 https://cloudup.com/cmBebBo0Tex

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:28>