[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6058: Logging in to wp.org does not direct you back to the context you were in upon successful login

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 28 21:14:35 UTC 2022

#6058: Logging in to wp.org does not direct you back to the context you were in
upon successful login
-----------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  bozzmedia  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
Component:  General    |   Keywords:
-----------------------+--------------------
 Many features on wp.org require a user to login before they can do
 something. Often you are looking at a support forum, or ready to leave a
 review and you are prompted to login.

 The user selects login, logs in successfully and is simply redirected to
 the wp.org front page. The context that was important for the login
 procedure is lost. Using the browser back button can bring you back, but
 doesn't recognize your login state so you must refresh.

 I have noticed this issue is previous instances of wp.org, I thought it
 may have been resolved but with the new header it seems to have returned.
 Thanks for the consideration.