[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6000: WordPress.tv audio does not work when downloading med and high quality video

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 4 03:09:24 UTC 2022

#6000: WordPress.tv audio does not work when downloading med and high quality
video
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  alanjacobmathew  |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by dd32):

 Ah, this looks like an intended change - VideoPress is designed for
 streaming video, not downloading it.

 It looks like the audio track was split off from the video track, so
 there's now an audio-only file which the player plays along side the
 video.

 Eg, the High quality versions is accessible via
 https://videos.files.wordpress.com/btlXOQX8/video-
 3ddb79fd2a_mov_dvd.master.m3u8 which is a playlist that plays audio from
 one file and video from another (The audio-less video we're linking to).

 I've followed up with the VideoPress team to find out what tracks are
 supposed to have Audio, and I'll update this to reflect that.

 We may have to remove the download option, other than the original file,
 but we'll see what they come back with.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6000#comment:2>