[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6267: wporg-developer theme used in Multisite generates a fatal error when displaying functions included in a source file

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 10 13:29:39 UTC 2022

#6267: wporg-developer theme used in Multisite generates a fatal error when
displaying functions included in a source file
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  imath          |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Developer Hub  |   Keywords:  has-patch
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Hi,

 I'm currently working on building BuddyPress code reference part of this
 site https://developer.buddypress.org. To make sure I'm close to the
 site's configuration, I'm using a Multisite config with plugins/theme
 needed for the WP DevHub documentation activated on a sub site.

 1) Using `files` as a slug is a bad idea, when you try to display a source
 file eg: `https://site.url/reference/`**[[span(style=color: #FF0000, files
 )]]**`/bp-core/bp-core-attachments.php/`, you get a white screen of death
 because you end up having this script running: `/wp-includes/ms-files.php`
 and the `BLOGUPLOADDIR` constant might not be set for recent WordPress
 versions. So I suggest to edit it in favor of `file` to fix this issue.

 2) Overriding the term link for the `wp-parser-source-file` taxonomy
 shouldn't be done using a hardcoded string but should use the taxonomy
 rewrite extra permastruct instead.

 Both suggestion are included into the attached patch.